Sunday, April 16

Poetry for Sale!

This past week I found myself stranded miles away from home without my wallet or a penny to my name! I did however have my dear notebook and pen tucked away in my purse which made me wonder if I couldn't write up a few poems and sell them to those in passing. While I never worked up the nerve to try this theory out, I did write a "Poem for Tourists." I'd like to imagine that someone would have paid a quarter or so for this memento.

Poem for tourists:

Sarasota sweetness
salty water laps my feet
as I walk the coastal miles
of sandy white beach

I wave away the weary
I get rid of all my fears
and let myself sink
into the paradise which is here

Sunlight bathes my family
the ocean plays our song
I grasp to keep this memory
in my heart forever long


16 comments:

  1. I would definitely have paid more than a quarter for this lovely poem. Hope you got home easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely. I trust you made it home safely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I did make it home safely. :-)

      Delete
  3. I would have asked for more than one copy

    Happy Easter, Thank you for dropping by my Sunday Standard today

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my poem! Happy Easter to you!

      Delete
  4. I hope you had your cell phone! I loved your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I called my sister promptly and she managed to help me out. I am glad you enjoyed the poem. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. 'the ocean plays our song' just to think of this my soul lifts up...beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. The essence of holiday! (You should have taken the concept a little further and offered poems on the beach.) How I adore, 'in my heart forever long'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea, but I fear I am not brave enough!

      Delete
  7. I walked near there many a day--once fell asleep and woke in the fog. you know how lost and scared I was! I would have bought the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of trying to hawk poetry on street corners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an interesting idea, no? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete