Sunday, June 15

A Masked Man with a Plan

Not To Be Reproduced, 1937, Rene Magritte 

He looked into the mirror. Was his disguise complete? Was he incognito enough? If his plan was to work, it was imperative that no one should recognize his face. He was a marked man, his face having featured on millions of posters and advertisements throughout the country. Though his name was still unknown to the masses, his face had become the symbol of dread.

Having decided that the guise was sufficient for his ploy, Germilio stuck the mint plan book in his jacket pocket and set out on his subterfuge. Tonight, retribution would rain from the sky.

Shared at Magpie Tales

19 comments:

  1. Would that be a cardboard cut out strategy, perhaps?LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made me imagine persons and personalities with this post. cool!..

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a great ending - because I want to know 'what?' and 'why?'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the end quite disturbing.. revenge is not my piece of cake .. but you pictured it in a great way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Retribution would rain" and the affected will only see the back of their attacker. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the ending added a twist of darkness..

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent take on the image down to the detail of that plan book. Chilling beginning to a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of retribution raining from the sky... That's very inspiring, and this piece was inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever and cunning plan and well put ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh! It makes me wonder what he's going to do regarding retribution.
    Write some more please!! . . . loved it ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, I had to read it twice - hence two comments - now three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I don't think I'll be able to add any more to this piece just yet, however. :-)

      Delete
    2. Half of me thinks you are right - just leave us hanging there!! lol

      Delete
  12. Yee aaah , release the hounds !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tale! Retribution raining from the sky sounds ominous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you hooked me in...I want to know...

    ReplyDelete