Friday, April 25

Giving You Up

Willard_House_Windows_Bars
Willard House Windows Bars by Lisa Gordon
Lisa Gordon Photography
My heart lies on a slab of concrete
exposed to all the elements
as I watch the one I love walk away
walk away into the asylum
asylum
what a beautiful word
a place of retreat and security
asylum
the place where help never comes
to those whose lot is less
to those who cannot tie their shoes
or read or write
who mourn at a butterfly's death
I wish I could have cured you
I wish the world would understand
instead they sit here judging
judging you for who you are
judging me for giving you up
judging, judging, sans cure, sans hope
while my heart bleeds to death.


 
Shared at Imaginary Garden

9 comments:

  1. "while my heart bleeds to death"........the sufferings double while sending a loved one to asylum against the backdrop of a hostile world....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad...pain is a double edged sword.

    ReplyDelete
  3. to those whose lot is less
    to those who cannot tie their shoes
    or read or write
    who mourn at a butterfly's death

    That's an effective viewpoint you took for this uncomfortable prompt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is written from a interesting different point of view. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *where help never comes*
    Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've lived this. It's a bottomless, hopeless hole; they can't be loved out of it. Eventually it just breaks everybody's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some where put in the asylums, of course, because it just wasn't safe otherwise. And those who loved them, stood on the outside knowing another type of end… I adore this "other side" view. Thank you, and I am SO sorry to be responding so late - I really appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks.
    סורגים

    ReplyDelete