Sunday, May 12

A Violet Celebration



Violet hues sweep the room. It is the color of choice today, dancing playfully among the whites and creams. Each table has a floral centerpiece from which violet colored flowers seem to explode. The cake catches my eye and it too has violet swirls climbing up each tier until reaching the top which is, of course, christened with a violet bloom. Long touted as the color of harmony, these violet shades seem more to be enjoying themselves, quietly laughing  and smiling with joy.  I look down at my violet dress, the dress of a bridesmaid, and appreciate how perfectly the hue of the fabric blends with this room. Standing perfectly still, I allow myself to blend into the sheer violet-ness of the room and become part of the celebration.


Shared at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. You have definitely created a violet world here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atmospheric delight - but even better if you were to remove the last, unnecessary word in the third sentence, like so - "from which violet colored flowers seem to explode."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah... I see. Much better. Thank you! Oh, and happy mother's day!

      Delete
  3. Having three weeks ago enjoyed my youngest daughter's wedding, this speaks to me on a very personal level. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violet being my favorite flower and color, this was a lovely post to read. I can envision the setting you've described here... how pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. .. part of the celebration. yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! To be still and mindful in that violetness ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so pretty. I love weddings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that, "sheer violetness!!" Love how you chose to bring this vision and celebration of violet...a neat standing on the outside looking in feel, too!

    ReplyDelete