Saturday, April 13

Runaway

Last weekend I walked away from a ticking time bomb. With care, I stuffed a bag with all my clothes, my flower-print dresses, worn out jeans, and t-shirts.

I left when no one was looking. When all where occupied with the television prattling on about Nikki Minaj and the lights were turned down low, I left out the back door of the house.

And now it's been one week from that tearful day-the day I left my "home." It hasn't been easy-sleeping on couches and explaining why I left them, explaining that they left me before I ever left them, but what can I do? What can I say? It'll all eventually fade away. After all, the show must go on, sympathy will wane and this young woman will have to carve a niche for herself in this stone cold world. I'll simply wash my face and go to school. Nobody will know the difference.


Shared at http://carryontuesdayprompt.blogspot.com/2013/04/carry-on-tuesday-201.html

7 comments:

  1. been there done that............

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much meaning in just a few words. This is very good writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job painting a mental picture- so much meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible, its concise but it packs a punch and tells a full and deep story

    ReplyDelete
  5. So touchy... Narrative is so clear that I could envision the scenes and feel her pain...

    ReplyDelete