Wednesday, December 7


Make your way down to Kansas City, Monday through Friday, and you'll find barely a spot on those busy sidewalks. Rain falls.Wind blows. Sun shines. And still the constancy of busyness pervades. Restless souls wearing thin, until you get to Al's Cafe on the corner of Ave Maria and 13th Street. 

There, each day at noon for a buck fifty you can buy 30 minutes of lukewarm solace in the company of your peers. Jan, Fran, and Betty will serve you up your choice of soup or salad either with hot-open-faced meatloaf sandwich or Al's Casserole Surprise. If you have another 10 minutes to spare, feel free to get a slice of apple pie for just twenty-five cents. 


3 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, I've had lunches like that -- too many. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I think I know that place! I really enjoyed your piece. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .. I'll wager coffee comes with that tasty apple pie!

    ReplyDelete