Saturday, August 27

Online Diary

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to do this, but I guess I am. I am going to blog about my experiences as a grad student. ONLINE! I hope this will make me more reflective and maybe also help someone else. It should be fun, right?

So here I go:

This week marks the conclusion of my first week at grad school. I am very afraid, yet not entirely discouraged.

The amount of reading I am required to do is very large, which shouldn't be surprising since I'm majoring in English. So far, I've read everything except for one chapter. But I still have the rest of tonight, so there is hope that I will complete it by the official end of the week.

My professors seem knowledgeable and at least 2 of my classmates seem like they won't be overly mean to me. I was very worried about that. It feels like everyone in my class has an edge over me in one way or the other. Some are smarter, others richer. And me? I am just me. I have something to offer, but it isn't a whole lot, and that makes me feel like if I were in middle school again.

Well, I suppose that's it. Cross your fingers for me, will you? I'm off on one of the biggest adventures of my life thus so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment